As a New Years resolution I have decided to create a new recipe every Tuesday for the 52 weeks of the year. Every week I will be posting the recipe of the week and tips on making it. I would appreciate any feedback that you could give on my recipes. Thank you! Lauren

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sweet N' Smokey Ravioli

This recipe has literally become the bane of my existence! It was tasty but SO time consuming. I strongly recommend using all purpose four and NOT whole wheat flour (like I tend to use too much) AND also using a ravioli dough maker.

3 cups flour
6eggs
pinch of salt
2 Tbs. olive oil
Smoked Ghuda (shredded)
Ricotta cheese
Smoked bacon (cooked and crumbled)
Pear (cut into small cubes)

1. Combine flour, 4 eggs, salt and,olive oil in a mixer (if there is not a mixer feel free to use your hands to mix the dough). If needed at 1 Tbs. of water at a time until the dough is elastic, but not sticky. Either use a recipe attachment on a kitchen aid mixer OR generously flour a surface and roll out to be paper thin (approx 1/16”). Either cut squares (if using the kitchen aid mixer) or use a cup to cut out shapes. Set aside

2.Combine 1 egg, cheeses, bacon, and pear

3.Egg wash all the pre cut out shapes. Add filling and either add a second shape or fold circle in half.

4.You can either store the ravioli’s in an air tight container in the freezer or when you’re ready to boil them until they float to the top.


Add any kind of sauce, a white wine butter sauce with hazelnuts is what I tried and it was pretty good. (1 stick of butter, 1 cup of toasted hazelnuts, and ½ cup of white wine, mixed together, salt and pepper as necessary)


This recipe was INCREDIBLY time consuming. Set aside a few hours to do this one and expect LOTS of ravioli’s to freeze. I easily got a good 100 or so ravioli’s out of this. Try experimenting with the filling a little bit. I added fontina cheese to some of them to make it a little more stringy.
Total Price for ingredients $35

No comments:

Post a Comment